Going to and coming from the airport presents a challenge when you aren’t sure who can drop you off or pick you up. And for many people, paying upwards to $20 per day for the daily garage is too much of an expense, to leave their vehicles for an extended period. Thanks to UBER, we have an affordable solution. So, what are the things you need to know to make your goings and comings from the airport a success?
TIMING IS EVERYTHING
When you are planning to be driven to the airport, you’ll want to plan ahead. The three considerations you’ll need to make are:
1. What time is my flight?
2. How is the traffic – heavy or light?
3. What is the best time for my driver to arrive?
Remember that you are asking another person to drive you to the airport. Just because they are with the UBER platform, doesn’t mean they are superhuman! The same rules of the road that apply to you apply to them.
When you are planning to be picked up from the airport, it is a good idea to collect your baggage from the baggage claim before you open your app and request someone to pick you up. Here’s a few tips:
1. Since most airports have a designated terminal to be picked up by an UBER driver, check your app for the exact location.
2. Keep your phone on as your driver will likely call you upon arrival. You’ll want to give your terminal location in case he or she needs that information.
WATCH FOR FAKES
As with any good invention, there are always a few drawbacks. And although getting a taxi-like service is not complicated, it can be cause for caution. You always want to verify that your driver is legitimate. Here are a few ways to do this:
1. The license plate on the car should matches the one on your app.
2. The make and model of the car should be the same as the one you booked.
3. The driver should ask you your name when you enter the vehicle.
CHECK YOUR AIRPORT
Finally, check ahead of time to see if the airport you need to be dropped off at, or picked up from, are in the UBER network. For a full list of those airports, visit: https://www.uber.com/airports/#airport-list
Now, even though we are sharing info about Uber, we STILL believe in the old school approach of private airport transportation from a reliable, local company like Sunset Airport Transportation. We service all of Panama City Beach.